If you’d like to see the original post addressing my 2016 Reading Challenge, you can find it here. I wasn’t able to finish this one, but I was pretty proud of what I did get accomplished.
A book based on a fairytale.- A Whole New World and Once Upon a Dream , both by Liz Braswell. She has a third coming out later this year, As Old As Time , that I am really looking forward to.
- A National Book Award Winner- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier.
A YA (Young Adult) Bestseller- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- A book you haven’t read since high school- The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor.
- A book set in your homestate- 100 Cupboards by ND Wilson.
- A book translated to English- TBA
A romance set in the future- Across the Universe by Beth Revis A Book set in Europe- City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
- A book under 150 pages- TBA
A NY Times Bestseller- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. A book that’s becoming a movie this year- Me Before You by JoJo Meyes AND The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.
- A book recommended by a stranger- TBA
A book you can finish in a day- Poor Unfortunate Soul: A Tale of the Sea Witch by Serena Valentino
- A book written by a celebrity- Elixir by Hilary Duff.
A book more than 600 pages- The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.
- A book from Oprah’s Book Club- Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz.
- A science fiction novel- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- A book recommended by a family member- Storm Front: Book #1 in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.
A Graphic Novel-The Ms Marvel comics in Graphic Novel form (cheating a little, I know) by G. Willow Wilson (Author) and Adrian Alphona A book published in 2016- Lady Midnight: The Dark Artifices, book one by Cassandra Clare. A book that takes place during the summer- That Summer -by Sarah Dessen. A book and a prequel- Happily Ever After (the prequel) and The Heir by Kiera Cass
- A murder mystery-Malice by Lisa Jackson.
A dystopian novel- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen A book with a blue cover- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman The first book you see in a bookstore-Roses by Rose Mannering
- A classic from the 20th century-1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell.
A book from the library– Made for You by Melissa Marr A book about a road trip- Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman (not specifically about road trips but a lot of the book *is* a road trip. An ancient road trip). A book that takes place on an island- Somewhere in the Shallow Sea by Dennis Macaraeg A book guaranteed to bring joy- The Crown by Kiera Cass
- A book by a famous author you’ve never read-11.22.63 by Stephen King.
- A book by a new author- Genesis Girl, Blank Slate #1 by Jennifer Bardsley.